We travel a lot as a family and having a child with a disability hasn’t stopped us travelling as a family. So when I joined doTerra I naturally wanted to bring my oils with me. After seeing a doTerra purse, I decided to make my own just using an old case (from a thermometer) and elastic. If you prefer, you can also buy handy little purses from doTerra or everyday miracle. Since then it has evolved somewhat and I’ve discovered rollerball bottles which I can dilute my essential oils so they’re ready to use. Since coming home from my travels, I now take them everywhere and use them on a daily basis.
Here’s my kid’s travel kit that I’ve put together using the official doTerra wellness advocate pouch with keychain.
Top 10 list of oils for travel
- Lavender – my go to oil for itchy bites and burns. You can use it on its own or blend your own itchy bite blend and bring this in a roller bottle.
- Deep Blue, the soothing blend – good for muscle pain and tension headaches. I often use this on my neck and shoulders before sleeping to help relax them so that I can get a good night’s sleep. Using with Serenity or Cleary calm can also help promote sleep.
- Serenity restful blend or Clary Calm – Helps calm the mind and body enough to sleep. Great for adjusting to different time zones or when sleeping on the flight. This also smells amazing so I sometimes just use it as perfume. Clary Calm also has clary sage in it with eases comfort during menstruation.
- Easy Air, the respiratory blend – this is a great blend for clearing the nose due to allergies or cold and flu symptoms.
- Infection blend is a blend was passed to me from my Sister to help boost the immune system in times of flu and cold like symptoms. I like to massage it gently behind the ear starting from the temple, behind the ear to the base of the neck sometimes continuing to the back and into the shoulder blade. When I have even a slight runny nose I often feel the mucous draining. Alternatively, you can simply use the protective blend which is great to use to prevent and support healing. It can be made into a natural hand sanitizer that doesn’t contain carcinogens.
- DigestZen – great for soothing the occasional upset tummy or to help bring up gas. If you prefer to use this internally, it’s best to bring it in a sample 1-2ml vial.
- Balance, the grounding blend – for those stressful flight connections, to help you feel grounded. It also doubles as a great perfume. Can be used combined with Serenity to make the ‘Tantrum blend’.
- Elevation – helps me wake up and feel energised in the morning and in the afternoon. This is great for jetlag, to help you stay away when you land to adjust to the new time zone.
- Frankincense – the king of oils, very versatile can be used to help calm the mind, for boosting the immune system and also to help the healing process with scratches or bruises.
- TerraArmor (aka TerraShield) – a natural barrier when outdoors – I find it needs to have even coverage for best effect, so it is good to make this up as a spray.
Other oils you could consider, depending on your needs:
Tea Tree (melaleuca) because it can be used as an antiseptic as well as great for pimples.
Smart & Sassy is a blend to help you feel full and is useful before exercise and in the afternoon for a pick me up. I was a bit sceptical at first but recalled that the Biggest Loser recommended using grapefruit or lemon in water before exercise. This seemed to be consistent so I thought I would give it a go and was surprised to find that my hunger pains went away immediately.
Purify – as a spray helps neutralise bad odours and leaves a pleasant smell. Great for musty rooms or cars.
To give you an idea of how affordable these oils can be, here are some of the kit combinations I’ve put together and an estimate of the cost price including materials (bottles, pouches etc) with the doTerra member wholesale price vs the retail price. Click here to order or join my doTerra to access the wholesale price.
Diluted in 3 ml roller balls in Fractionated Coconut oil, cost price includes a handy travel pouch with keychain.
|Wholesale Price (AUD)||Retail Price (AUD)|
|Personal starter travel kit (10 oils – 8 diluted oils 3ml bottles in FCO -Infection blend, Balance, Breathe, Digest-zen, Serenity, Elevation, Deep Blue, On Guard. Plus 1ml of pure Smart & Sassy (10 drops sample neat), and 1 ml of Cleary Calm (10 drops sample)||$35||$45|
|Kids starter travel kit + frankincense (10 diluted oils 3ml bottles in FCO -Infection blend, Tantrum blend, Balance, Digest-zen, Serenity, Elevation, Deep Blue, breathe, lavender, On Guard, Melaleuca)||$33||$43|
|Essential Collection travel kit in 3ml rollerballs (costs $174 for pure 5ml) – (10 diluted oils in 3ml bottles – Easy Air, Digest-zen, Frankincense, Ice Blue, Lavender, Lemon, On Guard, Oregano, Peppermint, Tea Tree)||$30||$40|
Alternatively, if this is all too much you can also buy the doTerra Touch kit which consists of 9x10ml roll on oil blends already diluted in fractionated coconut oil at $225.33 USD ($169 wholesale) – this contains all the oils in the essential collection kit and is also available as an enrolment kit.
For more information head over to Joining my doterra team.
Note: Prices are based on 2016 doTerra price list.
Information is only based on my opinion and experience and is not to be taken as medical advice. Please see your doctor if symptoms persist and also discuss your current situation with your doctor if you intend to use this alongside western medication.